Thursday, July 3, 2014

So much room for activities!

Herro! We started the daily schedules with the kids. There are 6 different periods and the kids basically get to pick from different "major" and "minor" activities. Theres all sorts of activities from swim, archery, zipline, climbing tower, volleyball, guitar, ceramics, woodworking, basketball, martial arts, cooking, dance, gymnastics, hockey, soccer, and theatre. Last night was the campfire and Luke and I ended up staying up till 12:30am working on the matrix, majors, and minors for today. It took forever! But it got done. We both got awarded the "Ya Gotta Love It" camp badges for our hard work! This morning I was in charge of volleyball! It went...haha I had 23 boys at about 10 years old. I got to deal with a kid crying for the first time too. After volleyball I got to take a rental car back and forth and then worked in the office. Tonight the event is "battle of the sexes" where the girls and boys compete against each other at various activities. Food has been great but its getting a bit old since I eat the same things over and over. The salad bar is the best! I always get the beets, fresh hummus, tomatoes, cottage cheese, oranges, pears, and usually whatever the main course is.

Battle of the Sexes went well but the boys won so the girls had to clean their dinner plates the next day. Last night the neon DJ Party went pretty well. I struggle a bit with using the AV and PA equipment or whatever you'd like to call it but I suppose I'm learning and trying to be a good DJ. haha at least the kids had fun! Things are starting to run more smoothly and we even got AC in the office! Volleyball is going alright but with the younger ones we usually play a game called newcomb. Newcomb is basically volleyball but you throw and catch the ball so its easier for the little ones. I never realized how hard it was to get 20 little boys quiet to explain instructions! Tonight is the kids talent show and tmrw is Miss Eagle Hill. The girls will dress the boys for a pageant show!

All is well! Thank you Tim and Lori for the cute postcard! Thanks for reading everyone! I'll try to post more often when I can!

1 comment:

  1. Good experience, having fun! Family reunion right around the corner and then on to Oklahoma. Ron, Tomi, Cliff & Joyce had hamburgers for the 4th yesterday, we talked about you! all good!

    ReplyDelete