Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Life at Camp!

Herro Herro! Once again sorry I'm having a hard time keeping up with the blog as much as I'd like to. I've been rather busy! I have moved into a private room at camp with a full size bed and my own bathroom area. All of the staff is now here and we are preparing for the kids to come on Saturday. There are a little over 200 campers including overnight and day campers. It's been interesting and I still have lots to learn about the camp, rules, procedures, and even things that I'm working on! A theme at camp for the staff is "flexibility and adaptability" so I suppose I fit into that. The food has been great! A salad bar has been open and there is a great variety of food. I saw my first groundhog yesterday and a few chipmunks! The days are long from 7am-10:30pm. Showers are now warm. I mostly work in the office on the evening activities and special events that will be taking place. I've been gathering materials needed, decorations, dj music, ordering parts, making lists and forms, phones, typing, printing, and just about anything that is needed. We have been doing some orientation games to get to know each other as well as rules. Unfortunately, as some have heard I did end up in the local medical center about 45min away from camp. Safety first but accidents do happen. Others have told me that I stepped on a ball but hell if I remember it was so painful! My ankle is very swollen and black/blue colored. Luckily though, its just a severe sprain so I should be good in a few days. The people here are great! People from all over from California, Alabama, England, Australia, Japan, New England, Spain, and a few other places. Overall I'm doing well! Today I even shared my lesson plan for teaching volleyball! (Of course I was unable to play with my ankle) Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment